Sunday, January 11, 2009

Staple Food: Pizza

Big fan of pizza. Who isn't? But I'm too lazy/hungry to deal with making crust. Three Rivers Market carries a whole grain crust that is surprisingly good. I canned pizza sauce during the tomato abundance of August that I have been going through rather rapidly this winter. Store bought sauce will work, of course, but without the same sense of satisfaction. Top with whatever you like, and you have yourself a great meal for two. I have also cut the crust in half to make myself little one-person portions.

Topping wise, I'm a big fan of broccoli and black beans with various other fun things that happen to be about the house. It's a good stay-in date food because we can make it together. The boyfriend made this one with a black bean heart. He does love the pizza.

No comments: